Steve Hochfelsen explains the basics of Insurance Bad Faith Lawsuits.
Orange County, California business lawyer Steve Hochfelsen and his firm sue insurance companies on behalf of businesses involved in disputes about what their business insurance policy (or policies) cover(s) when a loss occurs. When an insurance company’s denials and delays are particularly egregious, Steve and his firm hold the offending insurer accountable with bad faith lawsuits.
California insurance coverage disputes include, among others:
- Denying or refusing claim payments despite clear liability
- Unreasonable delays in approving or denying claims
- Refusal to defend an insured in a liability lawsuit
- Insurance company denies a claim based on application errors
- Suing insurance companies based on breach of contract
- Unfair trade practices Insurance fraud
- Lack of coverage